Monday, January 31, 2011

My Beef With Exalting the Bible above all other books and saying it contains "ALL" the Answers.

Originally Posted On a Myspace Profile Blog -- July 11th, 2007.

Here is my Objection to the Bible.

I think its a good guide..(read: Some Good Advice) But so it "Always Eat your veggies" Ect.

But I do not think it was ever meant to be an oracle.

I will read the bible and look for inspiration.

But I will also meditate and talk to the divine its-self and seek a mystical experience.

you must remember that the bible is a collection of books and stories.

And we mustn't Forget that IT DID NOT FLOAT DOWN ON A CLOUD FROM HEAVEN BY "GOD".

IN FACT IT WAS COMPILED AND VOTED ON QUITE A FEW CENTURIES AGO BY A GROUP OF MEN WITH THEIR OWN POLITICAL AGENDAS AND PERSONAL BIAS.


Not to mention the countless translations there have been.


Some people see the King James Bible as the most correct version.

However, King James and his little council back in the 1500's changed the messages of the bible the most.


So Why should I let a group of men a few thousand years ago...The Council of Nicaea...and a tyrannical hypocritical European King 500 and some years ago....tell me what I should believe..and what is the truth? and what it heretical ect.?

Since when did man hold Monopoly on the truth? I thought that was The Divines Realm?

Not to Mention there is Extra Canonical Writings such as the Gnostic Gospels and whatever..they man voted should be left out of their compilation of books...and they also claim to be awe inspired by the divine.

Why should anyone let a group of archaic men decided what is divine inspired and what isn't?

Lest we forget the Qu'ran (Koran), the Torah, The Vedas, the sagas, ect. which also claim divine origins?

in short that is my beef for holding one volume of books superior to any other.

Comments? Praise? Smiting? Bring it; I'm bored. lol.

Namaste~

and; Blessed Be!

No comments:

Post a Comment