Monday, January 31, 2011

DO YOU KNOW GOD?

Originally Posted On a Myspace Profile Blog -- July 17th, 2007.

DO YOU KNOW GOD!?!

Someone said this to me due to a recent writing piece I put together:

you must not believe in God. which other book would be his?

Which made me have to come up with this response:

I believe in God.

Just Certainly I do not have the same interpretation that Mainstream Christians do.

I choose to believe in the Divine as a whole.

I believe in what I like to call the "Universal-Divine" That all the worlds gods and goddesses and Divine Figures and what not are all interconnected in someway.

The Egyptian Gods.

The Norse

The Greek

The Roman

Deities and spirits specific to indigenous tribes and peoples

Ect. and So Forth.

That Even Includes the monotheistic God of the "Judeo-Islamic-Christian" Traditions Allah/Jahova The God of "Abraham, Issac, and Jacob"

I choose to worship the Divine in its limitless forms.

I am More so Pagan. I utilize Pagan Practices with my spirituality and worship.

Along with Gnostic Thought and Mystical Aspects of Christianity.

I worship the Gods..the Universal Divine

and Also Utilize The Philosophy and Teachings of Yeshua both from the canon and extra canonical and Gnostic Sources.

So Yes, I DO Believe in "GOD"; Its Just I have a different Interpretation

To Father Illustrate my point and opinions here is a Blog Entry I wrote several weeks ago: Why I am Ecclectic and not a Traditionalist

Why I view Spirituality from an Eclectic Approach and not from any sort of Denomination or Traditional Approach:

I am Eclectic because A Specific Tradition is not my cup of tea. hell as you know i have a dash of different religions as well.

Neo-Paganism Practices and Gnostic/Mystical Christianity.

I am Eclectic not because I "Hate Traditions" .. I don't hate any tradition..I respect all view points.

and I like to learn about all Cultures and Philosophies and spiritualities as much as I can.

I admit that I choose to incorporate what calls to me..but its not because I don't think that one tradition is not good enough or whatever.

Its just that I choose to view the Divine in a Whole Different light then say someone who may follow a specific tradition.

I Basically believe in a God and a Goddess Figure. I believe all the gods and goddesses of the world (Even the ones from Monotheistic religions) all Exist and are Valid.

When I call to a Deity I do not call on a Specific one unless I have a specific God or Goddess in mind...I usually call on an Archetype or Attributes I desire..and let the god(s) come forth on its own accord.

There's a Quote I found once it says "There is Absolutely Truth in all Religions, but Absolute Truth in None of them."

Another Quote is, "And so we ask for peace for the gods of our fathers, for the gods of our native land. It is reasonable that whatever each of us worships is really to be considered one and the same. We gaze up at the same stars, the sky covers us all, the same universe compasses us. What does it matter what practical systems we adopt in our search for the truth. Not by one avenue only can we arrive at so tremendous a secret." --- Symmachus, Quintus Aurelius

Even though I believe in Multiple Deities and Believe that they are unique and Individual in their own right -- I see them as well as Spiritual Figures *The Buddha, Mohammad, Yeshua/Jesus* as being inter-connected at a Universal Source. I call this the "Universal-Divine Energy" Where I believe all the worlds deities started. I've coined the phrase "Mono-Poly-Theism"

That may not make sense to any of you..but it works for me, Lol.

I'm not really going to say "All Gods are One God" as I believe each deity has its own unique personality and what not.

But what I do think is all of them have the same common source somewhere along the line..now where or what that is exactly I'm not sure.

I think there are too many religions and spiritual practices and Deities out there for one to be right and the rest to be wrong. so I do my best to respect each one in my own little way.

That is why i am an ecclectic practitioner and not a Traditionalist.

Because I think all Spiritualities are valid..and I cannot choose one over the other..as to me that would be a dis-service to the Divine.

This is what makes me spiritually fulfilled...if being a traditionalist makes you spiritually fulfilled then more power to you.

this is was fulfills me spiritually.

Some may call me a fence setter..but eh..I don't care....this is my walk..I will have to answer to the divine for it and no one else.

Bright Blessings,

Namaste~

And Blessed Be!

No comments:

Post a Comment