Monday, January 31, 2011

Jesus: Who was he? Why was he here? (My Opinions)

Originally Posted On a Myspace Profile Blog -- November 11th, 2007.

For the record, I never Reject/rejected Christ.

I still strive to have the "Christ-Like" Spirit in me.

the thing is, I believe "Christ" is more of a spirit an essence..its not a literal person.

I believe that Yeshua - contained the spark of THE Christ in him, as can anyone else if they so choose.

when the Gnostics referred to Jesus they refered to Jesus as "Jesus: the one who is *LIKE* Christ" ---

Christ being a descriptor of what was in Jesus, not of Jesus himself.

Kinda like the term "being Slain in the Spirit"...Jesus was "Slain" in the Spirit of the Divine"..he was a very enlightened Soul, a wise Teacher/Rabbi/ and Philosopher..who I believe had a direct line with the Divine..with his God....however I do not think he was ever divine himself.

So, see, I don't reject the Christ Spirit..or Yeshua/Jesus.

I just don't totally agree with the mainstream interpretation of who Jesus was or what "Christ" meant.

Another point of contention the word Messiah means "the Anointed one" I think my History Professor even expounded on it one time and said it was specifically "anointed one with Olive Oil."

So basically, any one who was anointed could call themselves a "Messiah".

and in fact I'm fairly sure there were many at the time.

It was a mere descriptor/title.

and somewhere along the line, and throughout the centuries its been twisted to automatically assume "messiah" is a reference to Jesus.

I have no Problem with Yeshua, Even as I identify myself as a Pagan, I still study his teachings, I find he was an enlightened being as was the Buddha and so many others.

My only problem lies when people tell me my interpretation is wrong and theirs is right.

Ive spent a couple years looking into this, and Thus far this is what I've came to believe..I'm sure as I do more studying..and more research..and more spiritual seeking..my opinions may change in the future...but for right now..as it stands..this is currently what i believe.

I also, would like to add..that when it comes to the ideas of Yeshua being crucified on the cross for mankind's "SINS" and Resurrecting 3 days later.

I have a couple theories about that.

A. The Roman and Jewish Authorities feared Yeshua - saw his message as rebellious/blasphemous and a threat to the delicate balance of the area at the time, and as such he was crucified as a Purely Political reason.

B. Even though he was not Divine, He was still a Holy Man -- and Could still have been chosen by God to carry out a certain mission to be the "sacrificial Lamb" --If God is all Powerful and he can do what he wants, then he could certainly do this....and though he (Jesus/Yeshua) might not have been "perfect"..as a holy man..he would have been darn near close. (after all there was no Catholic Priest Molestation Scandals at the time * No offense intended*) and the attributes to him being "Blameless, Sinless, and Perfect"..as wrote down in the accounts..well that could be from the perspective of his followers who venerated him, and saw him as such In THEIR EYES.

C. A combination of both A. and B.

D. A story adapted from the earlier myths of other such "resurrecting godmen".... to help fulfill some kind of political purpose...or merely to tell a story in a way others would understand.

and Finally,

E. All The Above.

Thank you.

Blessed Be!

NAMASTE~

(*Translation Roughly: "I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells, I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Truth, of Light and of Peace, When you are in that place in you,and I am in that place in me,we are One."

or : "I honor the Spirit in you which is also in me."

Which basically means that: "I recognize that we are all equal."**
)


***** Also, I'd like to add:

I seriously, think that While Yeshua knows I respect him, and I see him as a teacher of sorts, and am able to learn from him...He also knows I like to have other teachers around too for other perspectives...

The way I see it, if you have your eyes closed to other thoughts and ideas...then really you're just blind.

I don't think Jesus. *At least the Jesus I know* I seriously don't think he cares if I worship just one God, the God he spoke of, or if I choose to worship all the gods, or a few. It's the fact that I understand the message Jesus spoke of that is important to him, that I strive to uplift my fellow human being, not what fancy theology I adhere to.again, that's just the feelings I get.

 But that is why I feel that I can still be Pagan, and honor Jesus/Yeshua

Also,I believe anyone can be a "Christian"...

To be a Christian to me, is to truly know the Chirst.

You don't have to belong to the "RELIGION" of Christianity to be a Christian.

That is just my take on the subject.That is all. Lol.

( I hope you *GET* what I'm saying heh. but then again, I could be wrong too, that's just the feeling I get.)

Bright Blessings~

No comments:

Post a Comment