Sunday, March 25, 2012

I have various issues with this "christian" religious doctrine known as "Sin".

*Disclaimer: This Article Is an archived blog from my personal collection posted several years ago on the myspace.com website. It in no way reflects the site thepaganheretic.webs.com or the blogspot blog site as a whole and only reflects my personal views I once held or still do hold. This May Contain outdated information. this is only archived for informational and entertainment purposes only. Thank You. Paul R. The Pagan Heretic.*

I have a problem with the idea of "sin" anyway, that somehow through
cosmic forces we are all born with "original sin" because of what a
couple of people did in a garden at the beginning of creation. (what
Just God would punish innocent bystanders, a millennium or so later, simply for
being born? after all It wasn't you, or me, or Joe blow down the street
that ate the forbidden fruit from the tree, God should have just
punished Adam and Eve and left it at that, I think.)

I don't
think people are born naturally bad with the taint of "Sin" and
therefore must atone etc. in fact just the opposite, I think people
are born naturally good. I've studied a bit of psychology, and I like
to go with the humanist theory, and of course throw in a little behaviorist theory and Jungian psychology in there as well. I believe
that when a person is born, at that moment they are pure, they've done
nothing wrong but be born into this world. and later on as we grow up
we make choices - some bad, some not. and I think that due to our
surroundings, choices, and circumstances we end up doing the things
that we do. we don't do "bad" things because this cosmic idea of "sin"
hangs over us. we do it, because that is a choice we've made either
consciously or otherwise. and therefore when we do these bad things, I
think we should just own up to it and take our punishment, because its
our fault, not the fault of some cosmic devil force with the sinner
brigade in tow. as such, I don't think God should have sent some guy
(and after all Jesus was just a man, I think he had a higher connection
to the divine then most did in his time, but I think when it all boils
down to it, he was just a man, a rabbi, a teacher, and a philosopher,
he did say that he was the "son" of God, but also in the bible if you
read some of the context of the conversations he said that we ALL were
the sons and daughters of God. he never ever once claimed to be God
himself, that was attributed to him later by his zealous followers) so,
I don't think God should have sent a man to be killed on a cross on our
account, as some sort of "get out of jail free" card. - I think that is
dishonest as best and wholly morally corrupt at worst by a all knowing,
all powerful deity. I think that as humans when we make bad choices and
make mistakes that we should own up to it and take our punishment. that
is the only right thing to do. after all, how many among you have done
something you regretted asked for forgiveness about it? and then turn
around and done it again? honestly? I'd say a good number. It seems to
be to be nothing more then self flagellation . I would rather take a
punishment for when I make a mistake and choose to commit a bad choice.
for if I actually got punished, I think it would be a lesson imprinted
in my soul that I would endeavor not to repeat the same mistakes.

so as I said I don't believe "Sin" to be anything more than bad choices or mistakes that one CHOOSES to make.

and
instead of a "get out of jail free" card - in the sacrificial murder of Yeshua bin Joseph. People should just admit to their wrong doing and
take a punishment that the divine dishes out. like I said to me it
seems morally corruptible that a divine, all powerful deity would even
had set into motion this "Get out of jail" free avenue of exploration.
It doesn't seem to really re-enforce personal responsibility for our own
actions in the lest.

Originally posted to myspace in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment